Monday, January 4, 2010

Words, Paint, Flowers...


Thank you to all of you, for your words of enthusiasm, regarding the upcoming workshop! I look forward to working with those of you who have registered to attend. I think it will be inspiring for all of us. There are still some spaces, for those of you who are considering.
.
I've been thinking about which samples of my work I'd like to pull out and bring to my workshop at the end of the month.
This is one of my favorites. The blossom was incredible. A photo certainly could suffice to remind me of it. However, painting the print took me deeper, still, into the flower, creating a relationship rich with new understanding and awe. I got to know each petal apart from the whole, and in the process, discovered a rainbow of subtle whites, and pastels. In my attempt to keep the delicacy of the living flower, I tried to teach my hand to be sensitive in the strength and direction of my strokes.

"I dream of painting and then I paint my dream" - Vincent Van Gogh

No comments: